Re: [Chrysler300] water heater valve 1964 300

Re: [Chrysler300] water heater valve 1964 300

While it might sound like a heretic , a mid 70 ‘s Dodge truck or a GM hummer have a simple valve controlled by a bowdoin wire. No capillary . Who really needs that ? You spend time trying to fool it in your car to get any hot air. ( you become the “foolery  capillary”. And cannot leak . Sometimes you have to reverse direction/ action of operating cable sense , doable . Then you can put the valve under the hood in line like the truck . Not up behind glove box. Close off holes with block . No more totaled rug sets ( you like pulling F console? New rugs? Few days work? ) when the 15 cent rubber seal ring bursts .( what rebuilders replace) . NOS the rubber ring is probably already hard. Have done this many times , get rid of a thing full of problems . Works better too , move to hot,  it gets hot. Instantly. My .02.
The GM hummer military valve ( have to look for it) is the wrong sense , but have bought new on eBay for 16.00 . 8 per 100$ .
Jkg
Sent from my iPhone not by choice

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional