Re: [Chrysler300] water heater valve 1964 300

Re: [Chrysler300] water heater valve 1964 300

Hi all and Happy New Year

Ranco manufactures the same valve for Volvo that fits our cars, at least 57/58 Chrysler all models. Check this link for new Ranco valves, https://www.ipdusa.com/products/7482/108671-heater-control-valve-pv-amazon.
There are sellers on eBay that sell Chinese version for near same price as Ranco. I will avoid Chines crap at all cost. Ranco valves are stamped with there name They are made in the UK.

As far as a/c valves, the only difference is it has a second capillary tube, called a “fooler”. That capillary tube has a small metal case with a heat element that wraps around the end of tube. When the a/c is turned on the heat element causes the gas to expand and forces the heat valve closed to prevent heat at same time you want cooling. You can do the same by closing the heater slide control to closed position.

Valves should only be rebuilt if you cannot source new. Rebuilders do not recharge the capillary tubes, they only replace the seal. You rely on manually adjusting the slide control.

You All Take Care now and don’t drink to much shampoo.

Gary

Sent: Sunday, December 30, 2018 8:00 AM
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] water heater valve 1964 300

WPC meet in Chattanooga this year, a local parts vendor had a milk crate full of Ranco heater valves. I purchased one for my use and wished I had picked more after he left. Does anyone in  the Southeast chapter know of this gentleman? He also handled a great amount of obsolete Chrysler literature. Very reasonably priced.