[Chrysler300] Steering boxes

A while back someone asked about removal of steering box. I discovered ( reading 57 FSM after the fact .. why always  after .... ) that the large 57 steering box comes out of car up through the floor (!) —that removable  panel under your feet . So seats rug dash floor and panel  stuff under car come out. This discovery right after welding in a new floor with “who needs that” on that panel .I do not know condition of box in car , maybe should pull , send to steer  and gear . Ps pump had been disconnected .
Engine not in car now looks like can get it out . But not sure . But if ever , now. Close space between torsion bar and frame .
This caused me to at least look at late 58-59 ( and to 61 at least) later box . I think that box went on for many years more — and comes out through hood .( per 60 FSM )   Looks to have same 3 bolt mount to frame . Supposed to be a lot better too .certainly smaller .  Anyone ever do that ? Would need ? 59 upper column . At least —- . Just thinking at this point . Question about removal was a good one ..

Sent from my iPhone

    Chrysler300-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Chrysler300-fullfeatured@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx