Re: [Chrysler300] Coker Tires way past 'best before date'

Re: [Chrysler300] Coker Tires way past 'best before date'

You balance a steel or Mag wheel just like a tire. Mount it on the machine and 1st check it for run out.
Then spin balance it. Use stick-on weights on the mags and clip-on weights on steel.
Now when you balance your mounted tire on a balanced wheel. any weight you have to add is for the tire only.
All this is for balance problems.

The cellophane I mentioned was put between the rim and the hub it is tightened to with the spin-on lock.
This would make the wheel a tiny bit off concentric when spinning and will change the balance. The point was to be sure the wheel and machine are clean, and illustrated the point to us.

Ray Jones in Mena AR