Re: [Chrysler300] Wire Wheels and Disc Brakes

Charlie,  Chrysler wires are NOT Kelsey Hayes but Motor Rim & Wheel.  I have his brakes on my '57 300C with factory 48 spoke wheels and suspect mine are the smaller rotors as they have been on the car for several years.

John Lazenby

From: "charlies@xxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]" <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, March 9, 2018 9:49 AM
Subject: [Chrysler300] Wire Wheels and Disc Brakes

Hi Group,
I'm going to install front disc brakes on my 62. AAJ Brakes has 2 different brackets. One for 10.7" rotors and one for 11.75 rotors. I prefer the larger rotors but Roger at AAJ Brakes tells me that the 11.75 rotors will not work with OEM (Kelsy - Hayes) wires but will PROBABLY work with aftermarket OEM style rims - which are the ones I have.
Question - Is anyone in the club running the larger rotors with non OEM style wire rims?
Thanks. Charlie in Ottawa

Posted by: John Lazenby <french_fryguy@xxxxxxxxx>