RE: [Chrysler300] 1955 Chrysler/ Desoto Vent Window Frame

Along these lines….Anyone else see the duplicate 55 Imperial convertible (KT Keller made a one off in 55 for his own car , none made for sale )--- a hot rod guy made this up, from 55 NY er convert and 55 Imperial, in current month ,I think it is Street Rodder. ? Spectacular car , truly, ---won first prize over every other  car in that custom street cruiser group, --dark grey/green, and reddish tan top and leather. I think  it is Street Rodder, not sure.  ; looks stock, externally, but many small changes , late hemi under 331 valve covers, Imperial wires, white walls. Just Beautiful…

From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John Lazenby french_fryguy@xxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2018 12:04 PM
To: Ron Waters; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 1955 Chrysler/ Desoto Vent Window Frame

Ron,

I don't have the answer for a repair but want to advise you if you are looking for a replacement there are two different pieces.  One is shorter and comes up short against the windshield stainless.  The second is taller and has a different arch and ends at the top of the windshield stainless.  Both of these units take a different top piece mounted against the roof pillar.

These pieces were used on all '55-'56 Imperial, Chrysler and DeSoto hardtops.  I believe you will only find the taller ones used on convertibles in those years as it provides a more flowing line.

It seems that '55 Imperials seem to have more of the longer version that any other models I've personally seen.  Also, year ago I learned that '55 cars have two different height in door glass.  You can't see it because some of it is hidden.

John Lazenby