Re: [Chrysler300] Tires now buying them

PS - I also had rub issues with P235/70R15 on 1968 Chrysler 300 on 70s vintage 15x6 Chrysler Road Wheels. And the tires measured out at 28.06 in OD and 7.1 in Tread Width. My rub was on front only at extreme steering positions - if I remember correctly it was mostly at rear inside corner of tire. The P235/70R15 is roughly same diameter (and equiv Load Range) as P225/75R15 but tread width on 70's seems to favor much wider tread in addition to wider cross section. The P235/75R15 will be larger diameter but probably narrower tread - its a trade as to which is more influence as to rub but I think the extra wide tread width was my problem. Remember the tires back then were skinny compared to today. I would guess the P235/75R15 would work as long as you stay with narrower tread width since they are near the 9.00-14 size - but to be safe, I would still go with the P225/75R15 if you already have Tire Rub issues.

Edward Mills Antique Tractors 1930-1960 Antique Cars 1960-1985