Re: [Chrysler300] Steering wheel centering

Re: [Chrysler300] Steering wheel centering

On 5/12/2015 12:08 PM, 'John Grady' jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
wrote:

> I doubt 90 degrees is tie rod..but anything is possible..that is a lot
> off. sounds like some part of column or attachment of pitman arm was
> assembled incorrectly? What was done, and why?

HUmm, 1966 steering, I remember doing this on a 70, the mounting plate
that one of the hoses gos to on the steering box is ADJUSTABLE.
Might lookup the proceedure for letting it 'center' itself,  think
barely loosen it, move it a hair, then start it up and see what happens
to the steering wheel, one way is yanked to the left, the other way is
yanked to the right, SO don't be holding the wheel when you start it

--
Paul Holmgren
The history of liberty is a history of resistance.
- Woodrow Wilson, New York, September 9, 1912

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)