To: jmaiani@xxxxxxxxxxx
From: Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 15:09:02 -0700
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Compression pressure on 300H

Jim,
Not necessarily.
I am about to go through an objective diagnostic of what is wrong with my engine.
One data point I don't have is what compression an H engine in good condition will have.
I do not suspect low compression due to wear , but want to compare it to someone who is satisfied with how their stock H is running. This engine has ca. 40,000 miles on it SMOH.

My theory is if my compression compares favoarbly with another car with a satisfied owner, I'll focus elsewhere,

Numbers on your old engine will help if they indicate condition an ou could comment, e.g., 120-120-110-90 eg,  hard to start, no power, ran like crap etc.

As a matter of general interest, after the last round of discussions regarding how awful our gasoline is etc., I siphoned out about 5 gallons of year old+ gasoline and put 2 gallons of fresh gasoline. Made discernible difference.
Mike Moore
300H