From: "Hemmings Motor News" <reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: March 16, 2015 at 7:10:44 AM MDT
To: cpaviper@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Hemmings Daily: 1930 Cord L-29, customized by Brooks Stevens, takes Best of Show at Amelia Island

Hemmings Daily Monday, March 16, 2015
1930 Cord L-29, customized by Brooks Stevens, takes Best of Show at Amelia Island
Posted by Kurt Ernst - 1930 Cord L-29 Brooks Stevens Speedster at the 2008 Glenmoor Gathering. Photo courtesy Glenmoor Gathering. Brook Stevens's path to automotive design fame began with a 1930 Cord L-29, his own car, purchased with the assistance of his father, which he customized to resemble Speedster models from family brands Auburn and Duesenberg. Stevens so loved the Cord that he kept the car for more than 60 years, up until his death in 1995. On Sunday, his Cord L-29 Speedster, now owned by Ed Schoenthaler of Oak Brook, Illinois... Read On>>
Sponsor

Hemmings Find of the Day - 1977 AMC Pacer

Hemmings Find of the Day - 1977 AMC Pacer
Posted by Daniel Strohl - Ladies and germs, a Pacer with a complete, unfaded, only slightly worn interior. This 1977 AMC Pacer station wagon for sale on Hemmings.com has to be one of the few remaining Pacers with an interior that hasn't cracked and crumbled to pieces, thanks in part to spending the last 38 years parked in a carport and out of the sun, and in part to what appears to be a careful and doting first owner who kept the miles - and the wear and tear - low. From the seller's description: The Good: One owner, 43,000 original mile co...Read On>>

Briggs Cunningham's gullwing Mercedes-Benz 300 SL added to National Historic Vehicle Register

Briggs Cunningham's gullwing Mercedes-Benz 300 SL added to National Historic Vehicle Register
Posted by Daniel Strohl - Photos courtesy Historic Vehicle Association. Of the extensive list of Briggs Cunningham-owned cars, a number rise to the top as rather significant: There's the first Ferrari exported to the United States, the Bugatti Royale, the Corvettes, and the cars he built under his own name. Picking the most significant of them seems an exercise in futility, but his Mercedes-Benz 300 SL gullwing certainly deserves a mention, leading the Historic Vehicle Association to add it to the National Historic Vehicle Register this wee...Read On>>

From the Archives: 1938 Talbot-Lago

From the Archives: 1938 Talbot-Lago
Posted by Tom Comerro - When one thinks of extravagant French design from the 1930s, no doubt the Talbot-Lago comes to mind. Certainly an exceptional design that emerged in the car industry from the tumultuous times of the 1930s, this 1938 teardrop appears to be a T23. This car, then for sale in Atlanta, Georgia, was advertised in the August 1977 issue of Hemmings Motor News. >From the description: One of the worlds great classics. Extremely exotic. One-off coachwork by Figoni et Falashli. Rare sun roof. Beautiful restoration b...Read On>>

So where are all the remaining "Back to the Future" DeLoreans?

So where are all the remaining
Posted by Daniel Strohl - Back to the Future III off-roader car. Photo courtesy Profiles in History. As mentioned in our recent story about the restoration of the Back to the Future A car, film crews used seven different vehicles over the course of all three films. The "hero" car is now ensconced in a clear display case in Universal's theme park, but what happened to all the rest of them? Fortunately, Joe Walser gave us the rundown. All seven are accounted for - none have gone missing over the last 30 years - though only four remain. Of ...Read On>>

Phoenix, 1950s, part 2

Phoenix, 1950s, part 2
Posted by Daniel Strohl - While researching our previous carspotting photo from Phoenix, we came across this postcard photo of Park Central, Phoenix's first mall at the corner of Central and Osborn, on Jon Talton's Arizona-centric blog. We see that the mall, which nowadays serves more as a business park, was completed in 1957, so this photo must not have been taken that much later. What do you see here?...Read On>>

Sponsor

This Day in Automotive History

3/16/1988:  Racing legend "Mickey" Thompson and wife murdered.

This Day in Automotive History

Upcoming Events

DFW Swap Meet
March 26, 2015 - Grand Prairie, TX

6th Annual Keels & Wheels Uncorked
March 26, 2015 - Houston, TX

AACA Sugarloaf Mountain Region 45th Annual Indoor/Outdoor Antique & Classic Auto Parts/Swap Meet
March 27, 2015 - Westminster, MD

Grand Prix Gala
March 27, 2015 - St.Petersburg, FL

24th Annual Mopar National Car Show
March 28, 2015 - Shreveport, LA

6th Annual Haltom City Car Show for Kids
March 28, 2015 - Haltom City, TX

2015 Arizona All Oldsmobile Show
March 28, 2015 - Scottsdale, AZ

Carolina British Classics IX