Re: [Chrysler300] Macungie FAQs

Jim,
First, I have not had my 300H to a serious show in few years, but am  getting it in shape to get back on the road.

My wife and I drove our 300H from Los Angeles to Victoria BC several times, not to mention that we brought it back from Illinois to Los Angeles after an engine rebuild.
In my years of experience, I had only the following problems:

1. Alternators were a problem. I would cary a spare.

2. If it were me, I would send the dissy off to the Philbin Group and have it rebuilt just to make sure its all ok.

3. I would carry a replacement voltage regulator.

I do have to say I had a bad valve recession problem 10,000 miles after my engine rebuild. I did not have hardened seats . My wife and I had to do a valve job in a friends back yard in Portland on the way home. I had been driving at over 90 going up and down hills in hot weather with unleaded gasoline.

I would not set out with very old tires. My Michelin tires were very very old, and based on the Micheln toire mans recommendations, I started out on a 1800 mie trip, They each failed, one at a time, and at speed,

You will have a great trip, and an unrestored H would be a pleasure to see,
Mike Moore
300H