RE: [Chrysler300] Master Cylinder / Brake Pedal Problem

Adjust the brake shoes to take out all slack before bleeding.  If there are no leaks at any cylinders and there is still travel, there is still air in the system.  The fluid doesn’t compress to any degree.  If no further luck, take it to a professional brake shop.  Sometimes air just shuffles back and forth and those with more experience know how to get the b*st*ard out!

From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of josh@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, 21 March 2014 2:49 PM
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chrysler300] Master Cylinder / Brake Pedal Problem

  Hello guys.

  I rebuilt the brake system on my 1958 300D (Manual Brakes).  I ended up with a new brake cylinder from Kanter.   After installation I noticed the pedal almost went to the ground.  I don't think it's air.  I bench bled the M/C and pressure bled the lines and wheel cylinders several times.

  The brakes stop normal and hold, but the pedal has to travel near the bottom.

  I adjusted the shoes several times, they seem to be adjusted as per the manual.

  I was also able to extend the pedal shaft which helped some... but it's maxed out to where I still have sufficient thread.

  ANY IDEAS, I must be doing something wrong????   THANKS!!!!

  Josh Ackerman
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

For archives go to http://www.forwardlook.net/300-archive/search.htm#querylangYahoo Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: