[Chrysler300] Keith Boonstra - Home Run King!!

[Chrysler300] Keith Boonstra - Home Run King!!

Hello 300’ly to all!
    My Hemi Ball Cap is off in praise to Keith Boonstra for his 300C and D seat track extender project!  I received my extender kit on Monday and spent a nice afternoon in my heated garage with Mopsy doing the installation. Wow!  What a difference in seating comfort!  It makes the ‘Brute a little less brutish, but will allow taller folks to drive and ride for longer distances without needing a visit to the chiropractor ( sorry Carol & Gil!).  Keith hit a home run to the upper deck with this project.  Get yours now while the production inventory lasts.  The installation took me about 4 hours since I did it alone.  1/2” socket wrench and 1/2” open ended wrench along with a Phillips head screw driver and a large flat head screw driver are all the tools that are needed to do the installation. I advise you request Keith send you a picture of how they should look installed on the tracks.  Also follow Jim Krausmann’s advice in the e-mail installation instructions that you receive when Keith notifies you of your kit being shipped. This is mainly about not tightening all the nuts until all the bolts are in place on the seat frame and the tracks.  I did not have to take the front seat out for the installation. After removing the 4 seat frame nuts I was able to gently rock the seat backwards off the seat tracks which gave me access for proper placement of the seat track extenders.  It is necessary for the thick black and red wires for the power seat circuit that is attached to the driver side track with a metal clip to be re-routed so as not to be impinged when the extender is tightened on the track. I just positioned them in front of the track which is covered by the plastic black lower seat end skirt.   Thanks Keith!  Rob Kern