  From: MARK HOPKINS
  To: David Schwandt
  Cc: jpeabo@xxxxxxxxxxx ; RICK AND DEBBIE CLAPHAM ; Rich Barber ; chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2013 4:24 PM
  Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Zincified oil for a C-300?

  There is a product advertised in Mopar Collector Guide called Z-Alt Muscle Car Oil, which their website www.z-alt.com states is specially blended with ZDDP for pre-1975 vehicles without catalytic converters. It's a bit pricey, but purports to be more suitable for old engines than modern racing oils (correct detergent levels / less paraffin etc.). It's real petroleum, not synthetic.

  Has anyone used it? It appears to be closest to the mark in meeting what we need in old car engines, but I haven't seen any reviews on it.

  A note about Rotella - not only has the ZDDP been reduced to minimal levels; being formulated specifically for diesel engines, it has a very high detergent content, not necessarily beneficial for old engines made from the softer alloys of the 50's and 60's.

  Best wishes to all for a great 2013!

  Mark in Calgary (flying out of all this snow for Scottsdale on Saturday!)