Re: [Chrysler300] 300-G on ebay

I second that comment.  If the body, interior, chrome, mechanicals,  etc.
are all excellent, it seems to me it wouldn't take much to make the  car just
about "perfect."  And, depending on what it goes for, and maybe  adding
$10K worth of detailing/correcting little things, it could actually be a  very
good value.  You don't see too many freshly restored, nice cars (I'm
talking convertibles with A/C) in the price range the company is asking.

Regarding the BJ and other auctions, when I was studying convertible F's
with A/C, I saw several go for over $200K, plus the buyers premium, putting
their final price in the $220K range.  Now, one might just be a fluke, but
multiples tells me that is where the market is (at least for the really,
really nice cars, which are done well).  After all, if you want one, given
the production numbers, where do you go?  It's not like there are a bunch  of
them for sale at any particular time.

To me, if you can afford it, and it's just what you want, it is not
unreasonable to pay the price that the really nice ones go for.  I think  many
people may prefer that to the trials, tribulations and time associated with
putting one of these cars in that kind of condition.

Of course, I have no idea of the quality of this particular car--I'm just
saying if all that is wrong with it is some detailing, that can easily be
corrected, and to me the price does not seem out of line.

Shannon
Convertible F

In a message dated 11/21/2012 12:20:05 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,