From: Michael Moore [mailto:mmoore8425@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2012 1:26 PM
To: Rich Barber
Cc: 'Narve Nordanger'; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] A serious 55 Kelsey Hayes issue - brake failure

Rich,

That is the clearance which my 62 shop manual makes a point about being
dealer adjustable only. I have had master cylinders replaced over the years,
and my pedal was very low although the brakes worked.

I decreased that clearance from ca .150 down to .060 which got my pedal up
substantially (because of the multiplier effect between the pedal to pedal
pivot compared to the distance between the pedal pivot and master cylinder
linkage) , but I have never found reference as to how much clearance the
factory specified.

My 63 Jaguar has a similar setup, but it is a lot easier to adjust so I just
kept releasing mine until it didn't seize up any longer.

Does anyone know how much clearance was factory specified?

Mike Moore

300H