Re: [Chrysler300] A/C

In restoring my '57 C I found and installed a genuine 1957 Mopar "add-on
A/C" unit.  In last week's 100 degree weather it had no trouble at all
keeping the cabin cool as a cucumber.  I used the old-style R-12 freon
in it and the thing could freeze you right out.  Could not be more
pleased with the decision, and folks love to see that old evaporator on
the transmission hump.  With R-12 you don't have to increase the size of
the condenser or the evaporator to get serious cooling out of it.

With respect to the overheating, I had the very same problem, and I
totally fixed it by replacing the fan clutch with a brand new _thermal_
one.  I knew the clutch had to be the problem as my radiator had been
freshly re-cored.

Good luck.

Keith Boonstra
Holland, Michigan

-
On 7/11/2012 5:47 PM, bluesport62 wrote:

> HI GANG. AFTER SPENDING 3 HOT DAYS AT CARLILSE PA. I AM THINKING ABOUT
> AFTER MARKET A/C IN MY 62 SPORT. ANYONE NO OF A GOOD UNIT? ALSO ENGINE
> TEMP REACHED 210 IN TRAFFIC WOULD THERE BE A PROBLEM WITH RUNNING HOT.
> THANKS. JOE LUCIANO . HOWARD BEACH NY.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: