From: "Mark Lindahl" <mplindahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Anthony Rinaldi" <awrdoc@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2012 5:59:30 PM
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Electric Fuel Pump

Hi Anthony,

It is a new 413 rebuild, but I had the same problems with the old 383 and I am sure many of the old Chryslers had this same issue. Are new rebuilds supposed to run hot?

1) After returning home from a ride with a hot engine, the next day there is no fuel in the bowls. Many cranks are needed to get fuel to the carb. I am a bit worried about the starter and surrounding cables.

2) After a hot ride and then the 300 sits for 30 min, there is a small amount of flooding.
This is easier to handle. Just hold the throttle wide open and it starts fairly quick. I will say that there seems to be a lack of fuel in the bowls under this condition and the engine seems starved for fuel for about 20 seconds until it can catch up.

Therefore, the electric fuel pump would be needed for item 1 above.
Thanks for all the input.

Mark