From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Ryan Hill
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 1:11 PM
To: mplindahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] Using Dextron 5 in an Aluminum Torqueflight

Mark, I'm sorry I went off on a bit of a tangent and didn't answer your
question, it seems my point was lost in translation. If your transmission
guy can't tell you whether or not Dexron 5 will cause problems in your
torqueflite, I'd be suspicious what else he doesn't know....just sayin'. How
much milage did you get out of your last build over 21 years? You should be
seeing at least 100k miles, gaskets and seals aside.

I've only ever built two automatic transmissions in my life, both in shop
class in high school.....I don't profess to know the answer to your question
but will add this. Aren't all modern transmissions aluminum alloy? If Dexron
5 is okay in those, what is your concern in regards to the aluminum TF
specifically? When it comes to compatibility, I'd be more concerned with the
friction characteristics and the effects it might have on the clutches and
seals.

Ryan