From: Tom Bradshaw <bradshaw.machine1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: News4ge <News4ge@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, Mar 1, 2012 1:26 pm
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] J / ram K owners...............

George
On my Ram K, I did machine my left exhaust manifold flat because it was warped .040 at the worst area. I pulled it off to get the steering gear box out. I wanted  to take the play out of the steering gear box, a few years ago. I never have found a head that was warped so bad that it wouldn’t seal up without a gasket, with an exhaust manifold that was flat. On most cars that don’t come with gaskets, I have better luck when I don’t put any back in (I never did have any leaks when I never used gaskets and a flat manifold). You can buy gaskets for the regular 413 Chrysler exhaust manifold, or you can buy them for the Max Wedge. But, I don’t know of any available for the Ram heads, which is about half way between the exhaust port size of the regular 413 and the Max Wedge ( I have made gaskets to fit the ram heads ). Let me know if you need a set. I was very concerned when I milled my exhaust manifold, that I would get the angles right. I just put them on the CNC mill and milled them to the average minimum height for bare clean up.  I could do them for you, but Florida is a long way from Northwest Washington. I don’t recommend taking it to just any shop. They can do more damage then they do good.
Tom Bradshaw