Re: [Chrysler300] F Hubcaps

Noel and All:
The Chrysler drawing for the 300F wheel cover (PN 2122531) states "same as
#1856400 Assy - wheel cover, except Flag Red Paint C-7415, in place of
semi-gloss black, C-1412-E."  Since the black for the 300E cover was stated  as
semi-gloss, and there was no differing specification for the red, I would
conclude the red is also a semi-gloss.  I do not have specifics on the
actual Chrysler Color number with regard to gloss.

Now, what is Flag Red?  It is also the color of the red specified in  all
the red white and blue 300 plastic medallions.  Therefore, if one has a  good
NOS medallion, that is the Flag Red color.  It is easier to match if  the
medallion is smooth in the red area like those on the D, G, H, and J wheel
covers.

I do, however, have an official Chrysler color master for the ram manifold
red, C-7107-A.  When an original medallion is held on the surface of that
master, the two colors are almost a perfect match!  For some time the Club
has suggested using Cummins Engine Red (Apex Red) as a substitute for the
ram  paint, although it seems just a wee bit darker.  Unless you want to  try
and match the medallion red, the Apex red would probably be a decent
substitute for the Flag Red.

As for the "gear", I am sure they are anodized.  Also, very nice
reproductions are available through the Club Store.
300ly, Gil Cunningham

In a message dated 2/5/2012 11:19:36 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,