Re: [Chrysler300] OCW article on gasoline

Re: [Chrysler300] OCW article on gasoline

Just bought some non-ethanol 87 octane gas here for $3.54 a gallon tonight.
 I only know of two stations carrying pure gas locally.  I had 10% ethanol
gas in the car and filled up.  Mileage averaged out to 29 mpg... I normally
get 35-38 mpg out of the non-ethanol gas out of the same car.  Well worth
the extra 16 cents a gallon to get it without the 10% ethanol.  For those of
you interested check out www.pure-gas.org

Scott

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 5:56 PM, Keith Boonstra <kboonstra@xxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> You still need to find yourself a graduated tube (for $25?), but
> otherwise it looks like a low cost way to go. In the articles (which I
> hope I can reprint for soon - I'm waiting for official permission from
> Skinned Knuckles) it is pointed out that test kits are available such as
> the Fuel Testers AFTK0600. That one will give you 180 tests for only
> $25, and looks like it's a bit easier to use than the ehow
> instructions. They are carried at aircraft and marine suppliers. Think
> I'd better get me one.
>
> Keith Boonstra
>
> -
>

> On 3/30/2011 5:23 PM, Gary Nelson wrote:
> > After seeing so many comments on ethanol and no comments (or did I
> > miss one?) on how to test your gas supply for percentage of same, I
> > will add this.
> > Go to this site
> > http://www.ehow.com/how_2143193_test-fuels-alcohol-content.html and
> > find out how to test your gas with no special kit.
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Gary, the parts doc
> > Reno, Nevada 89521 USA
> > The Biggest Little City In The World