Re: [Chrysler300] Correct 1957 300C U-joints

Keith,
    NAPA list for 300C front universal kit is #215R and rear universal joint is #314G. If this doesn’t work for you then contact Andy Bernbaum in Newton, Mass. at 617-244-1118.  I purchased my front universal kit from him along with the ball and trunion set-up.  Keep your rubber boot as they are very hard to locate and Andy didn’t have them.  There are firms that offer conversion kits from the old ball and trunion front set-up to modern u-joints that are listed on the vendors and services site under the TECH section provided by Bob Merritt if you are interested in going that route.  I explored it 3 years ago and was advised against swapping out the ball and trunion joint in the front by other club techies for various reasons. Hope this helps! 300’ly, Rob Kern

From: keboonstra
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2011 10:43 AM
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chrysler300] Correct 1957 300C U-joints

I called NAPA to get new u-joint kits for my C, but their book only goes back to '58. When I look in my '55-'58 parts book under joint package, it's not entirely clear to me just which one the 300s use. Is it the same on all C76, C76-300, and LC-3?

Thanks folks.

Keith Boonstra

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional