RE: [Chrysler300] rear jet removal AFB

The brass is so soft on some jets I am not sure
an easy out will work, might keep peeling
brass.  Gary is right  that heat and maybe some
penetrating solution might be the next step.  I
recently freed up an old 2 bbl Carter tha was
completely frozen.  Took a couple of weeks of
heating with a torch and PB Blaster then letting
it cool, over and over.  Eventually the shafts
started to loosen and now it works smoothly.

Bill Huff

At 2/6/201105:31 PM, Gary Nelson wrote:

>Bills suggestion to make a custom screw driver is the best. Most screw
>drivers are tapered to the point. I grind mine with a slight back angle to
>the handle with the blade tip flat with sharp corners. This way the tip of
>the blade will bit at the bottom of slot and less likely to slip out and
>shave off the soft brass. I grind mine on the side of the wheel. Heat
>applied around the base metal will always help to free up frozen parts,
>i.e.., threads.
>
>Gary

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional