[Chrysler300] RE: Parts doc Rubber Rejuvenator, Soften all rubber parts

[Chrysler300] RE: Parts doc Rubber Rejuvenator, Soften all rubber parts

I do sell a product I call Rubber Rejuvenator. It is concentrated, therefore
clings. I scrub the seal with water soluble degreaser. It takes the oxidized
layer off easily. Where rubber gloves, it turns black instantly. A tip, when
removing seals from your car. Let the sun (preferably 70, 80 deg.) directly
warm the seal for several hours before removing glass. For a vent seal, let
the frame set in the sun, then gently pull out of the retainer grove. If the
rubber piece is cracked or brittle, there is no hope. Needs to have a little
flexibility. You want 100 % coverage for best results. I soak small parts in
plastic bags.
For large seals, someone mentioned Saran wrap. You can also make a tube from
long strips of plastic sheet, 4 to 6 mil. You staple at top to close the
tube, then dilute the Rubber Rejuvenator with water, 3 or 4 to one and pour
into the tube. A week will show improvement. I prefer a few weeks or more.
You cannot leave soaking to long. I have grommets that have soaked for 5
years. That long and all the nutrients will have absorbed into the rubber
leaving a sticky paste behind. Warm soapy water is used to clean off after
treatment.
I have treated the following items: glass seals, fire wall grommets, tie rod
and ball joint boots, windshield washer foot pad and water bulb, brake
booster bellows, steering column mast seal and seal at carpet. Any rubber
can be treated. 16 oz. concentrate, $20 less 10%. Includes extra 16 oz.
squeeze bottle and sponge applicator for topical treatment. Dilute 6 or 8 to
1 for topical use. After restoration it is excellent for tires and all
rubber.

Thank you,
Gary, the parts doc
Reno, Nevada 89521 USA