Re: [Chrysler300] 1958 Torqueflite tool

  From your word description only as I do not have the specific manual for your car I can offer a suggestion for an alternate tool.

  The concern would be is to check the housing to see if the housing bore is centered about the crankshaft center. This can be done with a dial indicator on a magnetic base. Both items are available at a reasonable price from tooling suppliers like ENCO and Harbor Freight.

  With the same tools, the mounting face of the housing can be checked. It needs to be flat and perpendicular to the centerline of the crankshaft.

  Checking the housing bore for roundness would require a bore gauge as the reading on a dial indicator rotated on the end of a crankshaft will. include bore out of roundness and bore eccentricity

  Just because, I will mention that I have only been concerned about and checked engine/transmission alignment to solve a problem maybe twice in 50+ years. With reasonable reason for concern, like unknown or suspicious parts, the alignment can be checked of course and correct parts procured or whatever correction might need to be made.

  Warren Anderson
  Sedona,AZ

  Does anybody know where I could purchase The tool for checking theTorque converter HOUSING bore runout

  It's in the 1958 Chrysler manual on page 83 fig. 119 in the transmission section (TOOL# C-3461)

  Or does anybody know of another way to check the housing bore runout without that specific tool

  Thanks

  Larry Jabin
  300D
  San Francisco