[Chrysler300] 64 lazy idle due to choke

Thanks to all for alternative methods on checking for the intake leak.  Used the hose and propane torch (much safer than ether).   No rise in rpm's were noticed.

I inspected and corrected all exhaust connections with leaks, what a sweet sound!

The auto choke sticking, with the air cleaner housing on.  I attached a plastic clothes pin to keep choke  open, then set idle screw back into previous position. Reconnected dwell/tach, and reset air bleeds to bring the beast under control.

Choke was NOS several yeas ago, so it came under scrutiny.  A  little bath with carb cleaner worked.  Now when I use oil or solvents in contact with Old skin, I wear the "Fletch gloves"  to prevent irritation, and unwanted grime.

Again, thanks for all the helpful tips and safety aspects.

      All have a safe New Year.              300K-ly  Dave.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)