Re: [Chrysler300] Radiator core fins on 300D

Keith Boonstra wrote:
> I just had a beautiful re-core done on my C - not cheap at $575 - and
> replaced my very original "straight fin" one with a virtually identical
> new copper core.  But then that's for 1957.  In that year only one
> appears to have been used in both A/C and non-A/C cars - 1686456.
>
> But for '58 two different numbered radiators than the '57 are shown
> depending on whether the car came with air or not. Yours is for the
> non-air application,  Maybe those other cores you saw were the 1754875
> for air cars.  And maybe someone can verify whether that one had the
> squiggly fins instead of the straight ones.
>
> Keith Boonstra

I seem to remember that the 300's got a radiator (57's) marked with the A/C
stamping, where as the non ac cars got a non A/C stamped radiator. I could be
wrong, wouldn't this mandate 2 diff part numbers?

--
Paul Holmgren
Mine: 2 57 300-C's in Indy

<*> Your email settings: