RE: [Chrysler300] 200 MPH Speedometer and 'that other topic' !!!

RE: [Chrysler300] 200 MPH Speedometer and 'that other topic' !!!

I lost a cup type welsh plug from the back of my 318 (with 360 heads) years
ago.  On reflection I remembered that when I rebuilt the engine (a couple of
years previously) it was the only one that didn't go in perfectly straight
half way in and I had to work it straight.  Lesson here is if you don't get
it right first time, throw it away and get a new one.  Note that because I
still had water in the block, I drove it two miles home with no damage.
Lots of fun replacing it with only a few inches clearance to the firewall -
but it can be done.  The 360 had threaded holes in the back face of the head
if I remember rightly (alternator mount holes for when the head was on the
other side), allowing me to press it in rather than hit it in.

For anyone who cares, my 71 Australian Valiant had a mph speedo and my 74
Australian Chrysler had a kph speedo with smaller mph marked on the inside.
We were still getting used to metric.

Cheers

Henry