From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Gloria Moon
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2009 9:39 AM
To: Keith Boonstra
Cc: Richard Barber; john_nowosacki@xxxxxxxxxxx; JettLarry@xxxxxxx;
chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] What's for lunch?

Hi Keith,

The PPP in 1958 was Matador Red which was the same color as the 59 red.
The 1958 OOO, tahitian coral, just looks to me like a darker gauguin red
- code P in 1957.

On the subject of color thoughts, the Aztec turquoise (code HHH) always
in a D convertible always reminded me of a swimming pool on wheels.

Gloria Moon

Keith Boonstra wrote:

> So while we're on the Gauguin Red subject, I wonder what the
> explanation may be for the 300_D_ in the following link. It looks for
> all the world to me like a code P (Gauguin Red) paint job. But was
> that not gone in '58? Or was OOO (Tahitian Coral) that close to
> Gauguin Red that it just looks like what this car is painted in? (And,

> of course, it may have been repainted in non-original code P). Check
this link:

> http://picclick.com/eBay-Motors/Cars-Trucks/Chrysler/300-Series/300-Se
> ries-1958-300d-Rare-1958-Chrysler-300d-Hemi-coral-frame-Off-1-20039251
> 7018.html
> <http://picclick.com/eBay-Motors/Cars-Trucks/Chrysler/300-Series/300-S
> eries-1958-300d-Rare-1958-Chrysler-300d-Hemi-coral-frame-Off-1-2003925
> 17018.html>
>
> Keith Boonstra
>
> -
> Richard Barber wrote:
> > Apologies to all for disinformation.
> >
> > The artist's name is spelled "Gauguin" and the color Gauguin Red is
> the most
> > widely misspelled color in the charts. But, like the car and
> Lefty---iconic
> > and instantly recognizable.
> >
> > Thanks to John Cote for the correction.
> >
> > C-300'ly,
> > Rich Barber
> > 1955 Chrysler C-300 (Milli Vanilli White)

> > From: john_nowosacki@xxxxxxxxxxx

------------------------------------

For list server instructions, go to

For archives go to http://www.forwardlook.net/300-archive/Yahoo! Groups