Re: [Chrysler300] Tires-Ticking Time Bombs?

Re: [Chrysler300] Tires-Ticking Time Bombs?

I agree - there was another round of discussions on this a couple of years
ago.  One would think that the tire companies would be only too happy to
put expiration dates on tires - they can recycle those not sold, and the
expiration date would assure the purchase of new tires when the expiration
date was reached (since the insurance companies would probably make it a
condition of coverage that one not have expired tires on the car to be  insured.

All that having been said, as I have noted in this forum previously, I
have suffered a number of tread separations on the Cokers I purchased for my
G.  I had not thought of checking the date codes, but I still have a couple
that I removed from the car as a precaution, and I think I will check the
dates  to see how old they were when I bought them 7 years ago.  (I had not
owned  them more than 3 years when they disassembled).  I now have black
diamonds  on the car and have not had any trouble at all (but I think I'll check
those  codes just for the hell of it, now that the subject has been raised
again)

Regards to all,

Pete Fitch

In a message dated 11/16/2009 2:43:28 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,