Re: [Chrysler300] Put on your paint and powder, you shout loud, I'll sho

Re: [Chrysler300] Put on your paint and powder, you shout loud, I'll shout lo...

Hi Larry,

    Don't fear the waterborne paint. I switched my shop  over a few months
ago in the anticipation that the lunacy that begins in Ca.  soon moves east
and with Az on your boarder it was only a matter of time before  it became
mandated by law. At any rate, the OEM's have been using it for years  and it
isn't new technology. Only the base is latex, the clear is the same  solvent
clear. The question becomes whether or not you can get the color  you want.

    I also don't know why some folks have against  clearcoat. There's
nothing that says you've got to lay it on a mile thick and  sand and polish all
the texture, or peel, out of it. Find a clean painter who  doesn't have to
sand out dust, runs etc and you'll likely not know if it's a  single stage or
base/clear finish. ( base/clear ) finish is much easier to  repair when it
gets damaged too.

    Why do you need two gallons? Are you planning on  inside panels, trunk,
all jambs and undercarriage? At any rate if you really  want solvent paint
all you've got to do is come across the border and buy  it.  If you get me a
color code I'll let you know which variants are  available in PPG

Mike Laiserin

In a message dated 11/2/2009 5:31:04 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,