From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Don Warnaar
Sent: Saturday, October 31, 2009 3:34 PM
To: Chrysler300 Group
Subject: [Chrysler300] 1966 300X non-show car?

To All,

I received a message from Mike Pinkowski (not on listserver, probably not a
member).  Must have gotten my address from the website.

Copied below are:
1. The original messge from Mike
2  My reply to him
3. A follow-up reply from him

Are any of you familiar with Chrysler producing a 300X in 1966?  As I
mentioned in my reply to his message, I am only familiar with the concept
car made for the auto show circuit.

What is a good source for the ball joints he mentions in his latest reply?
Email the list or me directly at
300country@xxxxxxx<mailto:300country@xxxxxxx> .
Thanks for any info you can supply.

Don Warnaar

1. ----- Original Message -----
  Subject: 1966 Chrysler Convertible 300X

  My father (non-internet user, senior citizen) recently purchased a 1966
Chrysler Convertible 300X, VIN CM2J63113876. It has been in storage since
1969 and was driven to the restoration shop. It's in great shape and has
every feature, PS PB Light Dashboard Dimmer, 440TNT Engine, Disk Brakes
Front, Power Windows including Wing Windows, 6 way power bucket seats, power
antenna, center console shift, auto transmission.

  I'm trying to get information on the automobile but have not been very
successful. Any ideas on where I can "steer" my Dad? The X series seems to
be a one off unit.

  Thanks,

  Mike Pinkowski

  ------------------------------------
  2. My reply to him

  Mike,

  The only 300X that I know of was a one-off concept car produced in 1966
for the car show circuit.  I saw it at the New York Auto Show,  It had all
kinds of gadgets that were considered futuristic and a bit far out.  The
steering wheel was replaced by something that resembled paddles.  It was a
light ice blue and used the basic 1965-66 body style.  It had almost no
stainless or chrome trim.  It was not a production car and was not sold to
the public.  It would not have had a regular VIN assigned to it.  Chrysler
did not offer a Letter 300 in '66.  There was a pre-production version 300M
that is shown in Robert Ackerson's book, but it was cancelled before ever
getting into production.

  Your father's car must be a regular '66 300, which is a nice car but not a
Letter car.  Is there an X tag anywhere on the car?  If so, perhaps put on
by a previous owner?  What color is the car, both exterior and interior?

  Don Warnaar

  ----------------------------------
  3. His reply to my answer

  Chrysler Heritage has confirmed that this car was produced, but it was the
only one made. My Dad got a bunch of the details on how and why. It has a
regular steering wheel and every option that they had in 66'. Tan leather
interior, it was originally a gold color exterior and repainted black back
in the 60's. My dad is having it restored to original condition.

  Do you know anywhere where lower ball joints are available?

For list server instructions, go to

For archives go to http://www.forwardlook.net/300-archive/Yahoo! Groups
Links

<*> Your email settings: