[Chrysler300] Branson meet

Having our F Coupe now for about 4 years, Branson was one of the first 300 meets my cousin Tom and I attended - and we had a great time.

When we pulled into the hotel lot late last Wed. evening, Dave Schwandt greeted us and gave us one of the"Happy Birthday 300-F 50 Years" booklets he and Carolyn assembled - a collection of document copies that included a 300-F order form, factory promo materials, 1960 Codes - great surprise.

Our thanks also to the Kerns for pulling it all together, for Letter Car Jeopardy and for arranging the '57 Heaven Museum visit - what a collection of fins! And enjoyed lunch at the Museum with Alex Greatwood and his wife - hearing his story of restoring a "G" in northern Metro London, and the challenges of storing and driving it in such a crowded environment. Ditto George Riehl's story about what great folks Alex and his wife are.

And a big thanks to Mike Meier, Mike Burke and Dave Schwandt in solving the mystery of our driver door that refused to open, and properly aligning our air cleaners! Did anyone get a shot of Mike Burke under Andy Mikonis' "G" getting a glob of grease to apply to our door latch? Thanks to Dave Schwandt for a set of new hood bumpers.

Our F ran superbly - about 540 miles each way Chicago/Branson. Loafing along at 70/75, we averaged about 12 - 12.5 mpg.

Thanks again to everyone!

Noel Hastalis, Burr Ridge, IL
Tom Askounis, Chicago, IL

<*> Your email settings: