Re: [Chrysler300] 300 L's

Anyone know anything about the red one currently on eBay? Supposedly
redone by George Reil?

I was at Birmingham yesterday and the silver one sold for $17k which was
considered by the pros to be a bit over the top - it was a nice car -
good exterior appearance if you did not look too close. Lots of luster
on paint but it was an respray and in some areas around edges of trunk
and hood you could see it was painted over original paint with less than
desirable prep as you could see edge of layer of paint underneath. Seats
were nice and new carpet, but lots of mismatched areas if you looked
closely - console had 2 toggle switches inside and did not line up
right, glove box did not fit, trim above rear seats damaged. Windows
showed significant misalignment and not all worked. Supposedly under 20k
miles - but no authentication. It had repro Coker Goodrich 8.55-14
narrow whites and looked like it could be made nice with a bit of
effort. Lots of bidding from $5k to $12k - probably 5 different bidders
including me, but Pro's mostly lost interest when it topped $10k and
consensus of resellers next to me was it would retail between $12k and
$15k. Apparently a nice black 4 speed sold at auction last month up
north for $15k - wish I had been there.

As to one in Ca that was on eBay - it has been for sale for at least a
year. I think at one time it was offered at $30k. Nice car, but as I
recall it started life as a white car and was repainted silver - also
had wrong tires and someone had added side marker lights off a 68 -
looks very nice - but it would not fare well in a judged show and
$30-35k is too much for a driver in my view.

There was also a pretty red 300L convertible on eBay in last 2 weeks - I
think it went between $8k and 9K - anyone know why that went so low?
jimmac2004 wrote:

> Hi All, have you noticed the number of 300 L's up for sale
> lately,seems like they are surfacing at a rapid pace. Recently a
> silver one offered by a dealer in Ca. at $35K was on e-bay, quite a
> nice example with A/C. several others are on e-bay today as well,
> maybe the L is due for some recognition. Mac in Sanford with the
> previous Letter !!

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: