  From: JERRY LINDSAY
  To: Chrysler 300 Club,Intl
  Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2009 2:44 PM
  Subject: [Chrysler300] FREON 12

  My wife's boss who she has worked rot since 1973 passed away 3 years ago this March. His wife currently continues as head of the company and the chemical company he owned still is in business. Last year we cleaned out the storage areas and one of the chemicals to be disposed of was (2) 30lb tanks of DuPont Freon 12. I said Icould probably use it in my 1962 Chrysler 300h's.

  My question is I don't see an expiration date on the tanks or cartons they are in, and is there a expiration on Freon 12. The seals are still on the valves so I know he didn't use any volume out of these tanks. He was a chemist and don't know why he would have these. Could be a hundred reasons as I'm no chemist. This is the type used in our A/C units right?

  Anyhow can someone in the club share their knowledge of Freon 12.

  It's 70+ degrees in sunny Seminole Florida.

  Jerry Lindsay

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: