Re: [Chrysler300] Goodyear vs. BF Goodrich

HighOctane300H@xxxxxxx wrote:

> OK group, I'm in the market for new tiers (not necessarily for a 300)
> just
> my daily driver.
> Looked at those two and really liked the Goodyear's look, however I
> was told
> that the BF Goodrich were superior in quality, for about the same money.
> Was I given a line for whatever reason or is there any truth?
>
> Joe Gross
> 70' Chrysler 300 Hurst
> Old Englewood, FL.
> HighOctane300H@xxxxxxx <mailto:HighOctane300H%40aol.com>
> **************A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2
> easy
> steps!
> (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1218550342x1201216770/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%26hmpgID=62%26bcd=fe
> <http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1218550342x1201216770/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%26hmpgID=62%26bcd=fe>
> bemailfooterNO62)

My experience on a high performance tire is the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3
is vastly superior to the Goodrich TA G-force KDW. The Goodrich had had
great reviews even tested in the specific size I bought but it did not
perform as well as some of the older high performance tires such as the
Bridgestone RE71 (wish they still made those) or the Dunlop Sport D40M2
or the old Goodyear GS-C. I then replaced the Goodrich with Goodyear
Eagle F1 GS-D3 and what a difference in handling.

My impression was the Goodrich compound had hardened significantly over
the 2 years they were on - so maybe 2 yr old BFG vs new Goodyear is not
fair - but even at end of life on the Goodyears they stuck good and were
better in wet. Goodrich All Terrain KO on my Jeep also showed tendency
of compound to harden significantly over 5 years - replaced them with
half tread left cause they were squirrelly in the wet.

Don't know about other specific tires of either, but as to manufacturing
quality, I think the low end economy tires in either might be
challenged, but at least in the high price spread, I like the Goodyears.
If you are looking for non-high-performance, I like the Michelins that
are on wife's car - 75k miles, good traction, good in the wet, and still
have tread left - but not cheap.

Some sellers will tell you Michelin owns Goodrich (true - and for that
matter they also own Uniroyal), but don't believe the same level of
engineering and manufacturing control goes into the subordinate brands
that goes into the flagship Michelins. Stay away from Uniroyals - wife
had 3 out of a set of 4 go south in a big way.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)