Re: [Chrysler300] info on 65 300
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Chrysler300] info on 65 300

Hello Fred,

I am the 300L Consultant for the Club.  Is your car a 300L or a non-letter 300?  It makes a big difference.  I can only comment on the letter car.  Not familiar enough with the others.

The only wheel covers that were used on the 300s, both letter and non-letter were the same ones as used on the New Yorker, but with a "300" center.  These are difficult to describe, but are very common.  Any Chrysler book with 1965 models will show the design.

The pattern on the console is not able to be duplicated as far as I know.  It is not a machined pattern, but a difficult to describe design that is a sort of moire' or watery, waveline  in appearance.  It was printed on, any polishing would wear it off and quickly.  Many an owner found out the hard way.  Once worn off, it is gone. It then just looked like plain aluminum.

Same thing with the dash parts.  Printed on to give a "machined look".  One worn off, gone.

The plastic arm rests are not available as far as I know.  The ones on my 300L, which I bought new, started showing wear early on.  I managed to get new ones, but this was back in the late 1960's.  The good news here is that you can get the old ones redone.  There are outfits that will do plastic chroming.

Hope this helps.

Don Warnaar

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Fred Musolff<mailto:fmusolff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 
  To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 
  Sent: Saturday, February 07, 2009 8:44 AM
  Subject: [Chrysler300] info on 65 300

  I am in the process of redoing my '65 300 triple white convertible and need some information. If anyone has a web site or can answer these questions It would be a great help.

  What wheels or covers came on this car originally?

  Was there a machined pattern on the center consol surrounding the shift lever? And what did it look like.

  Portions of the machined piece going across the dash have been polished to the point where the machining no longer shows, how can this be corrected?

  Where can I get the chrome pieces for the armrests on the front doors?

  Thanks for any information!

  [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


To send a message to this group, send an email to:

For list server instructions, go to

For archives go to! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

Home Back to the Home of the Forward Look Network Archive Sitemap

Copyright 2018 The Forward Look Network.  All rights reserved.

Opinions expressed in posts reflect the views of their respective authors.