Re: [Chrysler300] Ciao from ITALY!! Rear windshield wetherstrip

Re: [Chrysler300] Ciao from ITALY!! Rear windshield wetherstrip

Hello Roby -

Congratulations on your purchase. That looks like a pretty solid car you're
starting out with.

The 57-8 rear window weatherstrip should be the same for all Chryslers with
the larger rear window, including New Yorkers and 300s. If at all possible,
reuse your original, as the reproduction stuff is not as good. If yours is
dry rotted or unusable, then I would try to find a replacement. A post to
the listserver would facilitate this.

Ron

> Ciao a tutti!
>
> This is the first mail for me to this group! I'm the new owner of a 1958
> 300D. I bought this car in  Sweeden and I bring it to Italy in my garage
(I
> have also a 1958 Imperial 2 doors). I'm a friend of Raffaele who own a
1959
> 300E frame off restored (you can see the works in
> http://www.oldamericars.com/Prj300/Restauro300_0.html). I'm starting now
> make the same work on my 300. The condition of my car are better than the
59
> so I hope to save some money...here you can see some pictures of the
current
> condition of the car
> http://www.oldamericars.com/Team_Members/Team_Roby_300D.htm.
>
> Here is my first question tho who had the same problem...rear glass
> wetherstrip...how to replace it? I found some in the KANTER catalog but
are
> equal to the original? The original wetherstrip have a strange shape
> different from New Yorker or others because it have a part that is used to
> connect the 'chromed steel frame' at the bottom of the glass (my god!!! I
> hope you can understand what I mean! My english is veruy pooooor!!). I
> checked the car and I think that the best thing to do is remove the glass
> because I have some rust and I prefer to rebuild the parts. For sure I
will
> try to save the original rubber but...thank to all of you!!!
>
> Ciaoo Roby Anoardo

> ------------------------------------

> Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> For list server instructions, go to