Re: [Chrysler300] Club care re 'naming' a fake?

Re: [Chrysler300] Club care re 'naming' a fake?

Chris and All:
Chris, I must take issue with your use of Owen's 390HP 300C as an  example
for your argument that a car could be considered a "fake" if not  returned to
the way it was advertised.  At least I think that is what you  were trying to
say.  In fact, I did not follow your reasoning at all on  that.  That is not my
point, though.  Owen's car was produced at the  Chrysler Jefferson Assy Plant
equipped with the special Performance Package  which included the 390HP engine
and 3 speed manual transmission.  That FACT  is documented by the microfilm
with the special camshaft notation, and later by  Chrysler engineer Mike
Kollins' letter including Owen's 300C VIN in a recall for  the 390HP camshaft
replacement.  There is NO DOUBT about Owen's car, nor  should there be.
The 300F (which I am getting tired of discussing, as I am sure is the case
with many members) on the other hand has not a shred of evidence it was once
equipped with a 4 speed.  It has been listed in our Club records for over  20
years by the same owner without ANY mention of any special equipment, even
though the owner had acquired a genuine 300F Special later.
My concern and reason for this email is that your comments regarding Owen's
car could be interpreted in a totally inappropriate way.
300ly, Gil Cunningham
Tallahassee, FL

In a message dated 1/31/2009 9:59:26 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,