From: lettercars@xxxxxxx <lettercars@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] F window removal
To: mr300f@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 1:02 PM

Neal and All:
I went thru all this with my 300F cvt, and don't remember any particular
problems. I think it might be a wise first step to remove the motors only on
the slow windows and clean and lube (not much lube!) them. Also clean up their
commutators. Some---don't remember how much----of the sliding surfaces can
also be reached to clean and lube with the regulator still in the car. I had
to remove the entire regulator/transmiss ion assy, as the lube inside the
transmission was dried out. The windows had not been operated for over 30
years. If memory serves, the only time the assist spring pressure comes into play
is when the transmission is removed from the regulator linkage. Having the
regulator in the full up position at this time will minimize its effect.
Hope this is a little helpful.
300ly, Gil Cunningham
Tallahassee, FL

In a message dated 1/22/2009 2:54:58 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,