[Chrysler300] 1964 Silver Mist Poly Paint -

[Chrysler300] 1964 Silver Mist Poly Paint -

Its me again - I'm really taking advantage of you guys lately.

Latest problem:

    The color on my silver special K is "Silver Mist  Poly" which carries a
code of 221 and/or 229.  I have never been able to  ascertain why the 2 numbers
but apparently they are (or were) the same  paint.  In any event, back
several years ago, when we painted the coupe,  the color was right on - almost
exactly what it should have been.  When we  went to paint the convertible the same
color, we wound up with more of a Madison  gray  than a silver mist,
notwithstanding use of what we thought was the  same formula.  Having done a bunch of
body work on the gray convert, we are  now ready to paint it again, hopefully
silver mist poly, but the formula again  has delivered Madison gray (or
something close to it).

    Query - first, does anyone have the proper modern  formula for the silver
mist poly?  secondly, is it possible that PPG (or  other suppliers) have
changed the basic ingredients sufficiently to render the  original formula
incorrect?  If so, are there any suggestions as to a  solution?

Thanks,

Pete Fitch

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional