Re: [Chrysler300] Essex alternators on your 300?

Re: [Chrysler300] Essex alternators on your 300?

Hi Wayne and All:
Thanks for the alternator info link.  I did note one error----The
alternators with the greater number of fins were used first in the 1962 model  year, not
1963.
As far as the alternator manufacturer is concerned, I will not contest the
assertion that Essex made some/or all.  I am sure the author of the article
has done far more research than I.  However, let it be known that in the  AMA
specification questionaire descriptions, information provided by Chrysler in
the "Make" space ALWAYS says either "Chrysler" or "Own".  There is never  any
mention of Essex.  This is in direct contrast to the Battery "Make"  where both
Willard and Autolite are mentioned and Coil, were both Essex and  Autolite are
indicated.  Distributor as well---always VERY specific about  the component
"Make" or manufacturer.  Certainly makes me wonder.  I  had always been under
the impression the alternator was a Chrysler product, but,  without a drawing
or other reference, have no proof.  Anyone else want to  comment?
300ly, Gil Cunningham
A beautiful day in Tallahassee.

In a message dated 12/1/2008 10:18:00 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,