[Chrysler300] storing 300s & 300C resto progress here

[Chrysler300] storing 300s & 300C resto progress here

1) My main reason for posting this is after owning the 1957 Supercharged ex Daytona etc 300C for around 10 years, yesterday it went into the small body shop to get it's final body rust repairs done.

I am sure there are plenty of other 300 owners that have bought 300s with high hopes of quickly getting their 300s on the road as useable.  This one has been fairly traumatic, namely in trying to use original shetmetal, pressings, sourced from the US, firstly a floor purchased from a major well known eastcoast wrecker was wrong, then a rear cut purchased and paid for from another turned bad.  I hope this third major attempt/effort goes better - the shop is small, only three employees, and they only repair or make panels, just have done small jobs on two of my other cars, including my driver 300C, which I am about to collect this morning, they finishing making templates for the rear quarters off it yesterday a/noon.

Adam the shop's young owner reckons about a week a side to make and skin each full lower quarter (all the floor, inner steel stuff is already new/done) - for example he just totally rebuilt an alloy body 1961 Aston DB4, so we will see how it goes.  Dec 28 is the Flying Mile car/300C's build date birthday, so maybe it will look all new in bare steel 51 years after it last did !??   And March next year is Australia F1 Grand Prix Historic Support Race Event, so that is another target hoped for, although our poor aussie dollar looks like no US trip for it for US Club Meets next year but maybe just me if this next few weeks does not break me $$$.

2) STORING 300s for WINTER?!
(a) Cadillac back when new, warn never jack/support 1959/60 Cadillacs from their frames, instead always from suspension points, as damage to body would result.  I have seen plenty ignore this warning, even use forklifts under centre floor sections to lift them, but how this applies to Chrysler Unibody cars I do not know, however I personally would be very wary leaving a unibody 300 hanging from a 4 post lift for too long a periods.
(b) Gas in gas tanks - never I suggest store any car with ethanol based gas in it's tank, the ethanol evaporates, leaving near un-runnable crap - I am still trying to get my 70s Lamborghini to start after storing it maybe too long - and ps re recent suggestions you store your 300 with cats, my Lambo was stored with a larger type cat, an old XKE Jaguar, and whereas I got the cat/Jag to start, the Lambo still won't, and I am about to change all 12 plugs - what a mongel job, so beware of having nearby sleeping cats ??!! Just joking.

Christopher in Australia heading into summer, gas price just down to a dollar a litre for first time in over 2 years

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)