RE: [Chrysler300] Shim Pack for '63-'64 300 Rear Axle/Scoring at Good Gu

RE: [Chrysler300] Shim Pack for '63-'64 300 Rear Axle/Scoring at Good Guys/Calendar art

Shim Pack:

Before he found a source of shims for the diff in our '55 C-300, my mechanic
had a machine shop on call to cut the needed shims out of flat shim stock.
Pricey, but would have got me back on the road.  I don't know where the
needed shims were found, but I ended up with a few assorted extras.  I'm
assuming they are different for a '64 diff.

Other news:

Fellow Member and friend Roger Schaaf and I both entered our 300's at the
Good Guys Fall Meet in Pleasanton, CA last weekend.  Shy Roger would never
brag, but his beautiful '56-B brute did win a Richly-deserved trophy for
"Hottest Hemi".  Good Guys awards are creative to a little off the wall, but
the show was wide open and attracted a wide range and large number of
interesting cars, drivers and spectators.

I got our '55 C-300 there too late for judging on Sunday due to a prior
commitment at the Big Guy's House, but I enjoyed both days.  It was fun
confusing some of the spectators as they thought the same car was in two
different places at the same time.  Roger's " and my "C-300-B" are both
white with wire wheels.

I parked next to some souped up and customized late-model 300's, Chargers
and Magnums the first day.  Folks liked mine best!  15" Motor Wheel wires
trump 24" dubs!  Six Volts trump high-Voltage neon!  Oriflows trump air
bags!  Can you imagine a supercharged SRT-8 Magnum?

It rained Saturday afternoon, but Sunday was great.  Driving the C-300 home
in the rain was no big deal as the big 12" wiper blades did their job, along
with the 15-year-old Remingtons.  Over 1,700 cars were entered in the show
but just the two letter cars.  50% honored beats all other brands except for
the Henry J--100%.  Meadors' Boyded and Vipered '56-B was not in evidence.
There appeared to be some bargains in the for sale/car corral as the
economic pinch may require some to sell their toys.  Sad, but true.

I'm trying to produce a 2009 calendar of all white lettercar coupes (plus a
wild card).  If you'd like to participate and have a nice high-res
electronic picture of your white 1957-65, 70H or '79 Cordoba 300 coupe,
please contact me off server.  This is strictly a private project, not-for
profit and strictly for the pleasure of the participants and friends.  I
understand a professional grade calendar is in the works for some future
year and I encourage that.

C-300'ly,
Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA
1955 Chrysler C-300 (Miss January, 2009)