From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Mark Lindahl
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2008 3:32 PM
To: chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Shim Pack for '63-'64 300 Rear Axle

Hi Again,

The Service Manual does not mention any Axle flange gasket, but Napa and
AutoZone show a gasket. Neither show shims are still available.
http://www.autozone
<http://www.autozone.com/R,125776/vehicleId,1829601/initialAction,partProduc
tDetail/store,2567/partType,01948/shopping/partProductDetail.htm>
.com/R,125776/vehicleId,1829601/initialAction,partProductDetail/store,2567/p
artType,01948/shopping/partProductDetail.htm

Can anyone tell me if the gasket came along later, perhaps as a fix? Or
maybe this was used on 1965 and up?
If the gasket is used, then the steel shims would be affected for the
0.013-0.018 inch axle end play.
Any advice is welcome. My 300 is apart at the mechanic and he does not know
whether to use the gasket along with the shims.

Regards,
Mark Lindahl