[Chrysler300] Barn-stored 1965 300-L 2-door hardtop

[Chrysler300] Barn-stored 1965 300-L 2-door hardtop

Due to ongoing health problems, I have decided it is time to find someonme who wants an easy restoration of a great road car. I moth-balled this car in 1975 while it was in perfect shape, and always planned to get it out after retirement to enjoy, but multiple health problems are preventing that. If anyone is looking for a project, I have pictures, and complete history. I knew the original owner, the dealer who sold it, the mechanic who serviced it and was also the second owner, and I bought it from the original dealership when he traded it in.
No chasing around after parts, because it is all there, even has an extra wheel cover, and a NOS grill medallion for the one in the grill that is cracked. It is the one I loaned to John Hertog a few years ago to use as a pattern for the reproduction medallions for other club members, and he sent it back still in perfect condition.
I still miss John; he embodied everything good about our club, and was always looking for some way to help us keep our beautiful brutes looking and driving good.
E-mail me if you have any questions or want pictures. I hope this car can stay in the club, and I would love to see it restored and going to meets.
It has not been rained on for over a third of a century, and is fully loaded with every option offered, plus one that wasn't that the original purchaser special ordered.
When I first bought it, I went to see him, and told him I had it, and his first question was "how do you like the way I loaded it up"? He said when asked what options he wanted, he said "just check them all".. Headrests weren't available with the black leather upholstery, but he insisted, so it was special ordered with black vynil headrests installed in the black leather seats.
It has never been wrecked, as evidenced by the original paint, and even the tinted glass is all perfect. It will need a good paint job, and new leather on the seats. No rodent damage, but the old leather dried out over the years, and in a few places rolled up between the pleats.
It has the posi rear end, but when I first bought it, I had the dealer install a 2.76-1 ring and pinion, because I wanted to use it as a road car as an insurance man traveling western Oklahoma. It got 2 mpg better at 70 mph than at 60, because that was when the cam started working better.
It has about 165.000 miles, mostly highway use, and I completely rebuilt the engine, transmission, front end and brakes not too long before putting it away. It will need the usual bvrakes, exhaust, belts, hoses, and tires, but is a solid car without the usual sun-damage associated with outside storeage. even when it was on the road those first 10 years, it was always garaged at night.
Okie Bob

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: