RE: [Chrysler300] Davenport Iowa 300s and others

RE: [Chrysler300] Davenport Iowa 300s and others

OK I am overseas, often (always?) say too much, but I have to agree with Owen in NZ and ask, as one failed Brisbane fish shop proprietor redhead woman who ran for Parliament, was elected, then self destructed, however is still now known instantly for for often remark "PLEASE EXPLAIN???"

Just who is trying to say that a pair of a restorable complete seemingly totally unmodiified or butchered 300F and 300G convertibles is only worth $50,000 ??!

Now OK factory white is not maybe highest dollar color, but what other negatives about these two 'nowadays so so rare and most highly sought' cars were there?

Sure they were unrestored, but restored has seen sale values/prices of around/above $200,00. So you do the math - 2 by $200,000 cars equals $400,000 minus cost of restoring.  And these cars in the photos given did not look that bad - most of us would dream of finding any 300 today that looked as good as these did?!
And if just restoring to looking great, but only 'near concours', if these cars not too rusty, actual cash / $$$ required to spend may only be $30K a car?
And again, if they were not too rusted, a half clever restorer could do each of these to 'auction ready concours' condition for still only maybe $50K to $70K each - am I right or wrong? (so for total $70 to $95K including buying car, one has a maybe $200,000 car?)

Anyhow, those more qualified than me have your say - and can we expect poor John Hertog's converts to be sold fpr such a poor price - I think/hope not?!  Personally, who ever advised the sellers in this deal should resign from the Club if he/they think this was a good deal getting onto the Club saw them end up with ?!

But this should be a warning to those of us who play with cars - if we have kids/children who have to sell off our stuff after we go, and they know/care so little about us and our interests/hobbies, then if someone comes and takes advantage of them, then they only have themselves to blame !!??
I have 3 300Cs, they sort of rare, but tell me if I am wrong - way more one of the hardest to find 300s now, and for sure into the future, is either a 300F or 300G in a convertible - like I have seen only one similar car on Ebay in last few years - a black one, about a bit over a year ago or longer - who remembers what that finished at?

My supercharged 300C coupe was seemingly a total one off re being a supercharged at new production 300C, this before whatever it's Daytona and subsequent Drag history.  There were a number of 390hp 300Cs, stick shift 300Fs and Granetelli's race 300F, other race 300s.  (I believe) Up there with these 300s, history and collectors have already placed equal (and maybe above), 300F and 300G converts?!  This despite they way more numerous.
So as I say, "Please Explain" why a sound complete one is only worth $25-$30K?!

Christopher down under, where things might look different from here to only me?!
ps this has been way too long a post, but the Club needs to decide how to handle such a 'valuation/help requested' issue if it ever occurs again - plus if we don't know what roughly our 300s are worth, who the hell does ?!

To: wgraefen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: ram300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 10:50:29 +1200Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] Davenport Iowa 300s and others

My goodness who valued them the F and G rag were way undervalue and the C300is probably worth 1/2 of that on a good day.Should we expect to these on ebay in the near future.....Just my opinion which has very little value :-~Owen-----Original Message-----From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] OnBehalf Of Wayne GraefenSent: Monday, 18 August 2008 8:20 a.m.To: Intl 300Subject: [Chrysler300] Davenport Iowa 300s and othersI just had a call from Daryl and the 300F convertible, 300G convertible, and'60 NYer 4dr sold for a package price of $50,000. The '58 Fury is going toanother WI collector - if I understood correctly a friend of the F&G buyer.I don't know the price of the Fury.The '55 C300 remains for sale at $22,000 and the '64 300K Silver is $15,000.They also have a '49 Lincoln Cosmo coupe and a few newer vehicles.Wayne G.[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]------------------------------------To send a message to this group, send an email to:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx list server instructions, go tohttp://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htmFor archives go to http://www.forwardlook.net/300-archive/Yahoo! GroupsLinks

Are you paid what you're worth? Find out: SEEK Salary Centre
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fcareer%2Dresources%2Fsalary%2Dcentre%2F%3Ftracking%3Dsk%3Ahet%3Asc%3Anine%3A0%3Ahot%3Atext&_t=764565661&_r=OCT07_endtext_salary&_m=EXT

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)