From: John Holst <jholst@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 11:32 am
Subject: [Chrysler300] fuel recomendations

I have two questions concerning fuel requirements. Vehicle in
question is 1964 300K, 413 single 4 BBL carb.

First, what is the best fuel for general road use. The 87 octane
normally available causes significant detonation. I have been using
100 octane LL aviation fuel and adding an appropriate lead
substitute. Seems to work fine, and local mechanics indicate that
will not cause problems.

Second, what condition should the fuel tank be in when storing for
the winter. In an airplane you should have the tank full to prevent
condensation. The problem is that the fuel may deteriorate by spring.
Emptying the tank may be a problem, but seems to be the best option
for a fresh start in the spring. The tank has been cleaned and
epoxied to prevent rust accumulation that had clogged the filters in the past.

The car will always be stored here in Iowa due to the severity of
winters. It has never been driven in snow, and  I do not anticipate
ever trying it.

Hopefully this will help me, and possibly others that may have the
same concerns.

TIA, John Holst...

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional