Re: [Chrysler300] 1955 Bumper Jack

  My original condition jack has a black base and ratchet The upright is some degree of silver. Lug wrench is black and so is the (little) wood chock block.

  I seem to remember that if the jack were placed inside a bumper protector. sideways slip was avoided. The flat jack tongue has essentially nothing but friction and the bumper guard to engage the bumper. The little black painted wood block Chrysler provided definately had  a purpose.

  The driveline brake is not one of my favorite designs. On an incline or jacked up in the rear, loose traction on one rear wheel and away you go even with the brake applied. Roll back car haulers you see everyday most times have driveline brakes and I think are especially dangerous.

  Aluminum floor jacks I think are a nice addition to any trunk unless road service is always available.

  Warren Anderson
  Sedona,AZ

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional